Use private Docs sites in Beacon
Got a knowledge base that should only be accessible to certain people? Now you can create Docs sites that can only be found and viewed through a Beacon. Put that Beacon behind any password-protected area on your website and you’ll be all set. Follow these simple steps to get started.
Reminder! Mailbox API 1.0 is retiring
We’ve all chipped in for a gold watch for Mailbox API 1.0, which will be switched off June 6 after years of faithful service. If you’re still using 1.0, you’ll need to move to Mailbox API 2.0 now to avoid interruptions to your service. If you’ve got questions, reach out to our team. We’re here to help!
Mailbox API 2.0 keeps improving
A couple of highlights from our ever-growing Mailbox API Changelog:
- New per-channel reports! Grab the phone, email, chat or all-channels reports you need.
- Full Customer details in every Conversation object. Save yourself some API calls!
All the invoices
You can now see all your historical invoices instead of just the last 25. A huge thank you from the Help Scout team to all of you long time customers!
Plus we’ve delivered even more …
- Security: Integrating with Jira Cloud now requires an API token to authenticate.
- Quality: HTML tags were sneaking into the meta descriptions for Docs articles, but have now been banished.
- Mobility: The Android App now supports full screen rotation!
- Speed: Beacon’s code is now 6% smaller, and we’ve rolled out more than 47 performance improvements across all our software, including chat availability, Docs and our iOS and Android apps.
Customer Team Roundup 💪✨
In support, even small changes can save your whole team some precious time. In this section, we highlight the maybe-overlooked (but very powerful!) changes that are making our own customer champions cheer.
Up this month: Melanie (and Frankie), writing in from Cleveland!
Did you know you can customize the labels used in Beacon and Docs? The Translate settings for both Beacon and Docs are not only for translating to a different language — you can use these fields to make your Beacon consistent with your own brand, service levels, and personality!
For example, when your customers send a message through Beacon, the default text reads “We usually respond in a few hours.” If your turnaround time is shorter or longer than that, set better customer expectations by heading into your Beacon’s Translate settings. Change the “We usually respond in” section to suit!
We recently improved the Beacon Translate settings page with sections you can expand and collapse, making it easier to navigate the long list of options you have there — hop in and explore all of the ways you can make your Beacon speak with your voice!