- "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- "Life is for service."
- "Well done is better than well said."
- "You are what you do, not what you say you'll do."
- "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."
- "A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so."
- "Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier."
- "No enterprise can exist for itself alone. It ministers to some great need, it performs some great service, not for itself, but for others; or failing therein, it ceases to be profitable and ceases to exist."
- "It's not what you say, but how you say it!"
- "Kind words do not cost much. Yet they accomplish much."
- "Whatever you are, be a good one."
- "Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
Anne Morrow Lindeberg
- "To give without any reward, or any notice, has a special quality of its own."
- "Care more than others think wise. Risk more than others think safe. Dream more than others think practical. Expect more than others think possible."
- "Men are rich only as they give. He who gives great service gets great rewards."
- "It is not fair to ask of others what you are not willing to do yourself."
- "What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other?"
George S. Patton
- "Always do more than is required of you."
- "The world is moved not only by the mighty shoves of the heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker."
- "A thousand words will not leave so deep an impression as one deed."
Henry David Thoreau
- "Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify!"
- "Face the simple fact before it comes involved. Solve the small problem before it becomes big."
- "One of the deep secrets of life is that all that is really worth doing is what we do for others."
- "Always do what is right. It will gratify most of the people, and astound the rest."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
- "The time is always right to do what is right."
- "People will forget what you said. They will forget what you did. But they will never forget how you made them feel."
- "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
- "Politeness goes far, yet costs nothing."
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- "Nothing is so contagious as enthusiasm."
- "The most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do."
- "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
- "When a customer enters my store, forget me. He is king."
Genuine expressions of gratitude are meant to be shared. There are so many unique ways to say thank you that there’s no reason why your appreciation shouldn’t delight customers.
Handwritten thank-you notes are a proven (and relatively painless) way to go about earning customer loyalty.