- "When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it: admit it, learn from it, and don't repeat it."Bear Bryant, Former College Football Player and Coach
- "It never ceases to amaze me that companies spend millions to attract new customers (people they don’t know) and spend next to nothing to keep the ones they’ve got! Seems to me the budgets should be reversed!."Tom Peters, Speaker and Author
- "A smile is a curve that sets things straight."
- "Deep down, we believe that the problem put simply, is THEM. They, of course, believe WE are the problem."
- "I won't complain. I just won't come back."Brown & Williamson Tobacco Ad
- "Customers long to interact with — even relate to — employees who act like there is still a light on inside."Chip Bell, Founder Chip Bell Group
- "Dealing with people is probably the biggest problem you face, especially if you are in business. Yes, and that is also true if you are a housewife, architect or engineer."Dale Carnegie, Best Selling Author
- "If anybody ever called our number, it would be picked up in less than two rings with a friendly voice answering, 'CD Baby.' From 7 am to 10 pm, there was always somebody to pick up a call in two rings. No voice mail system; no routing to different departments. We treated our customers like our best friends. You don't route your best friend's call to an automated system!"Derek Sivers, Founder CD Baby
- "Although your customers won't love you if you give bad service, your competitors will."Kate Zabriskie, Founder Business Training Works
- "When a customer has a complaint, use the "Italian Momma method": Think of your customer as the little bambino that took a spill on the sidewalk. Channel your inner Italian mother and shower your customers with attention and genuine concern when they come to you with an issue. Just as the bambino who survived his tumble largely unscathed, a customer's perspective of the situation will wind up getting reset. Essentially, the mountain shrinks into a molehill."Micah Solomon, Author of High-Tech, High-Touch Customer Service
- "The first step in exceeding your customer's expectations is to know those expectations."Roy H. Williams, Author Wizard of Ads Triology
- "Customers perceive service in their own unique, idiosyncratic, emotional, irrational, end-of-the-day, and totally human terms. Perception is all there is!"Tom Peters, Best-Selling Author
- "Customer: A person who indirectly pays for all your vacations, hobbies, and golf games and gives you the opportunity to better yourself."
- "The only thing worse than training employees and losing them is not training them and keeping them."Zig Ziglar, Author and Motivational Speaker
- "A brand not responding on Twitter is like hanging up the phone on customers. With millions watching."Dave Kerpen, Co-founder of Likeable Media
- "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."Thomas Edison, Inventor and Businessman
- "Swallowing your pride occasionally will never give you indigestion."
- "A shoe without sex appeal is like a tree without leaves. Service without emotion is like a shoe without sex appeal."
- "A satisfied customer — we should have him stuffed!"Basil Fawlty, Main Character on British Sitcom Falwty Towers
David Tooman, Customer Service Professional
- "Sales without Customer Service is like stuffing money into a pocket full of holes."
- "I don't like customer service, because I don't believe the customer should have to pay and help out too."Jarod Kintz, Author E-mails from a Madman
- "All businesses need to be young forever. If your customer base ages with you, you're Woolworth's."Jeff Bezos, Founder Amazon
- "Customers are like teeth. Ignore them and they'll go away."Jerry Flanagan, State Farm Agent
- "If you have a job without aggravations, you don't have a job."Malcolm Forbes, Former Publisher of Forbes Magazine
- "I empathize with women in their high heels so I'll be there in my kilt and T-shirt and I'll walk around all day just to prove that if I can wear the shoes for 36 hours then certainly our customer can wear them."Marc Jacobs, Fashion Designer
- "You know your business model is broken when you're suing your customers."Paul Graham, Venture Capitalist and Co-founder of Y Combinator
- "It's better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you'll drift in that direction."Warren Buffett, Business Magnate
- "Thank you for calling customer service. If you're calm and rational, press 1. If you're a whiner, press 2. If you're a hot head, press 3"Randy Glasbergen, Cartoonist
Genuine expressions of gratitude are meant to be shared. There are so many unique ways to say thank you that there’s no reason why your appreciation shouldn’t delight customers.
Handwritten thank-you notes are a proven (and relatively painless) way to go about earning customer loyalty.